Arugula Pesto Chicken
Summer Squash Recipes
9/10/2020, 6 a.m.
Arugula Pesto Chicken Servings: 8 / Total Time: 25 mins
• 4 cups fresh arugula or spinach
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 cup pine nuts
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
• 4 medium zucchini
• 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
• 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
• Pulse arugula, basil, pine nuts, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor until chopped. While processing, gradually add 1/4 cup oil in a steady stream until mixture is smooth. Using a shredder or spiralizer, shred zucchini lengthwise into long strands.
• In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add zucchini strands and chicken. Cook and stir until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Add tomatoes, pesto, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve using a slotted spoon.
Arugula Pesto Chicken Recipe photo by Taste of Home