Cheesy Zucchini Quiche
Summer Squash Recipes
9/10/2020, 6 a.m.
Cheesy Zucchini Quiche Servings: 8 / Total Time: 1 HR
• Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 3 medium)
• 1 large onion, thinly sliced
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
• Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
• In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
• Whisk eggs and seasonings until blended. Stir in cheese and zucchini mixture. Spread mustard over pastry shell; add filling.
• Bake on a lower oven rack until a knife inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden brown, 35-40 minutes. If needed, cover edge loosely with foil during last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Cheesy Zucchini Quiche Recipe photo by Taste of Home