Baked French Toast
Servings: 8 / Total Time: 45 mins
4/2/2021, 7:29 a.m.
Baked French Toast Servings: 8 / Total Time: 45 mins
• 8 ounces day-old French bread, unsliced
• 4 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon maple extract
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 cups whole milk
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
• Fresh blueberries or raspberries
• Confectioners' sugar
• Cut bread into 1-in.-thick slices. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Lightly beat next 6 ingredients; stir in milk and cream. Pour egg mixture over bread, turning once to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
• Preheat oven to 375°. Turn bread again to coat. For topping, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and, if desired, nutmeg. Sprinkle flour mixture over bread.
• Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean and topping is golden brown, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Top with blueberries or raspberries; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Baked French Toast Recipe photo by Taste of Home