Shiitake Scrambled Eggs in Puff Pastry
Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
4/2/2021, 7:32 a.m.
Shiitake Scrambled Eggs in Puff Pastry Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
• 2 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
• 1 cup fresh baby spinach
• 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
• 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
• 4 thin slices prosciutto
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
• Preheat oven to 425°. Place four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups upside-down on a large baking sheet. Grease outsides of ramekins well. Cut puff pastry into quarters; shape each quarter around a ramekin Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
• Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in spinach until wilted; remove from pan.
• In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Gently stir in goat cheese, chili sauce and mushroom mixture.
• Carefully remove pastries from ramekins and place right-side up on individual serving plates. Line bottoms and sides of pastries with prosciutto. Fill with egg mixture; sprinkle with tarragon.
Shiitake Scrambled Eggs in Puff Pastry Recipe photo by Taste of Home