Beef & Spinach Lo Mein
Easy Winter Dinners
Beef & Spinach Lo Mein Servings: 5 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon water
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 pound beef top round steak, thinly sliced
• 6 ounces uncooked spaghetti
• 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
• 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
• 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Remove 1/4 cup mixture to a large bowl; add beef and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 10 minutes.
• Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil. Add half of the beef mixture; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Repeat with an additional 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining beef mixture.
• Stir-fry water chestnuts and green onions in remaining canola oil 30 seconds. Stir in spinach and remaining hoisin mixture; cook until spinach is wilted. Return beef to pan; heat through.
• Drain spaghetti; add to beef mixture and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chili pepper.
Beef & Spinach Lo Mein Recipe photo by Taste of Home