Pesto Shrimp Pasta
Easy Winter Dinners
Pesto Shrimp Pasta Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
• 3/4 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1 tablespoon oil, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
• In a large skillet, saute asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add shrimp and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until shrimp turn pink.
• Drain spaghetti; place in a large bowl. Add basil mixture; toss to coat. Add shrimp mixture and mix well.
Pesto Shrimp Pasta Recipe photo by Taste of Home