Cheesy Chicken Parmigiana
Servings: 2 / Total Time: 40 mins
Cheesy Chicken Parmigiana Servings: 2 / Total Time: 40 mins
• 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
• 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 large egg
• 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
• Fresh basil leaves, optional
• In a small saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumb mixture.
• In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, about 5 minutes on each side. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes longer. Serve with tomato sauce. If desired, sprinkle with basil and additional parmesan.
Cheesy Chicken Parmigiana Recipe photo by Taste of Home