Cheesy Spinach-Stuffed Shells
Servings: 12 / Total Time: 1 hr
Cheesy Spinach-Stuffed Shells Servings: 12 / Total Time: 1 hr
• 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
• 1-1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
• 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
• 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
• Additional minced fresh basil, optional
• Preheat oven to 375°. Cook pasta shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain; rinse with cold water.
• Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 4-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
• In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta cheese, spinach, basil and pepper. Stir in olives, mushroom mixture and 3/4 cup each cheese blend and mozzarella cheese.
• Spread 1 cup sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Fill pasta shells with cheese mixture; place in baking dish, overlapping ends slightly. Spoon remaining sauce over top.
• Bake, covered, until heated through, 40-45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional basil.
Cheesy Spinach-Stuffed Shells Recipe photo by Taste of Home