Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Makes: 4 dozen / Total Time: 1-1/2 hrs
Chocolate Cherry Truffles Makes: 4 dozen / Total Time: 1-1/2 hrs
• 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries
• 1/4 cup cherry brandy
• 11 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon cherry extract
• 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
• 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
• Melted dark, milk and white chocolate and pearl dust
• In a small bowl, combine cherries and brandy; cover and let soak for 1 hour or until cherries are softened.
• Place dark chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in extract and soaked cherries with liquid. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
• Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
• In a microwave, melt milk chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip half of the balls into milk chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
• Melt dark chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls into dark chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Drizzle with melted chocolate and decorate with pearl dust as desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Cherry Truffles Recipe photo by Taste of Home