Merlot Filet Mignon
Servings: 2 / Total Time: 20 mins
Merlot Filet Mignon Servings: 2 / Total Time: 20 mins
• 2 beef tenderloin steaks (8 ounces each)
• 3 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 cup merlot
• 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• In a small skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon butter and the olive oil over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
• In the same skillet, add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Add the cream, salt and remaining butter; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and butter is melted, 1-2 minutes. Serve with steaks.
Merlot Filet Mignon Recipe photo by Taste of Home