Warm Chocolate Melting Cups
Servings: 10 / Total Time: 40 mins
Warm Chocolate Melting Cups Servings: 10 / Total Time: 40 mins
• 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
• 1/2 cup baking cocoa
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup water
• 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
• 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 1 large egg white, room temperature
• Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
• In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the chocolate chips, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
• In another bowl, beat eggs and egg white until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Fold into chocolate mixture.
• Transfer to ten 4-oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until centers are set. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Serve immediately.
Warm Chocolate Melting Cups Recipe photo by Taste of Home