Green Chile Chicken Chili
Servings: 10 / Total Time: 5 hrs
Green Chile Chicken Chili Servings: 10 / Total Time: 5 hrs
• 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (14 ounces each)
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 2 medium green peppers, chopped
• 1 cup pickled jalapeno slices
• 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
• 2 jars (16 ounces each) salsa verde
• 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) navy beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
• Optional toppings: Shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips
• Place the chicken, onions, peppers, jalapenos and chiles in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour salsa over top. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
• Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred chicken with 2 forks, discarding skin and bones; return meat to slow cooker. Stir in the beans, sour cream and cilantro; heat through. Serve with toppings as desired.
Green Chile Chicken Chili Recipe photo by Taste of Home