Hearty Taco Chili
Servings: 10 / Total Time: 6 hours
Hearty Taco Chili Servings: 10 / Total Time: 6 hours
• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
• 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans
• 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans
• 1 can (14 ounces) hominy
• 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
• 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
• 1 envelope taco seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
• 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
• Optional toppings: corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese
• In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef to a 5-qt. slow cooker.
• Rinse and drain beans and hominy. Add to beef, along with canned tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, onion, the dressing and seasoning mixes and pepper. Puree green chilies and remaining diced tomatoes in a covered blender until smooth; stir into beef mixture.
• Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 6-8 hours. Serve with toppings as desired.
• Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.
Hearty Taco Chili Recipe photo by Taste of Home