Stovetop Cheeseburger Pasta
Stovetop Cheeseburger Pasta Servings: 8 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/4 cup butter, cubed
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups 2% milk
• 1-1/4 cups beef broth
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 3 teaspoons ground mustard
• 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
• 4 green onions, chopped
• 3 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
• 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
• Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon; pour off drippings.
• In same pan, melt butter over low heat; stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes (do not burn). Gradually whisk in milk, broth, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
• Stir in green onions, pasta and beef; heat through. Stir in half of the cheeses until melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until melted.
Stovetop Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe photo by Taste of Home