Broiled Cheese Stuffed Portobellos
Vegitarian Comfort Dinners
Broiled Cheese Stuffed Portobellos Servings: 6 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 6 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
• 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
• 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
• Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms and salad dressing; turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in another large bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
• Drain mushrooms, discarding salad dressing. Place mushrooms in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until tender, 2-3 minutes on each side. Fill with spinach mixture; top with mozzarella cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes longer.
Broiled Cheese Stuffed Portobellos Recipe photo by Taste of Home