Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas
Vegitarian Comfort Dinners
Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
• 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
• 3/4 cup salsa
• Scrub sweet potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high, turning once, until very tender, 7-9 minutes.
• When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp. Spread onto half of each tortilla; top with beans and cheese. Fold other half of tortilla over filling.
• Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook quesadillas until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve with salsa.
Sweet Potato & Bean Quesadillas Recipe photo by Taste of Home