Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta
Vegitarian Comfort Dinners
Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta Servings: 6 / Total Time: 25 mins
• 1 package (16 ounces) gemelli or spiral pasta
• 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mashed winter squash, thawed (about 1-1/3 cups)
• 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) crumbled blue cheese, divided
• 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
• 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 3 cups fresh baby spinach
• 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
• In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; return pasta to pot.
• Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine squash, 1 cup cheese, cream, sage, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in spinach until wilted.
• Add squash mixture to pasta. Toss to combine, adding enough reserved pasta water to moisten. Top with walnuts and remaining cheese before serving.
Winter Squash & Blue Cheese Pasta Recipe photo by Taste of Home