Servings: 8 / Total Time: 4 hrs
Apple Comfort Servings: 8 / Total Time: 4 hrs
• 8 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 1/4 cup butter, melted
• Optional: Vanilla or cinnamon ice cream
In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Whisk the eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over apple mixture. Combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter; sprinkle over top.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until apples are tender. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.
Apple Comfort Recipe photo by Taste of Home