Makes: 3-1/2 dozen / Total Time: 25 mins
Apple Doodles Makes: 3-1/2 dozen / Total Time: 25 mins
• 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
• 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in apple and, if desired, walnuts.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Apple Doodles Recipe photo by Taste of Home