Quantcast

Food & Wine

Subscribe

In Praise of Greek Wine-Greek Wine Producers In U.S. Tour with New summer Wines

For Greece to be one of the oldest wine producing regions in the world and the first to introduce wine and winemaking to most of Europe, it is mind-boggling how little today's wine drinking public is familiar with wines from ...

Black–owned establishment wins James Beard Award for the nation’s best new restaurant

JuneBaby, a black-owned restaurant that serves southern-style cuisine in the Pacific Northwest city of Seattle has been named the 2018 Best New Restaurant by the James Beard Foundation.

Wine of the Week – Arnaldo Caprai Montefalco Rosso 2015-$25

Bordering on Tuscany and right above Rome is the lesser-known and lesser-traveled region of Umbria. It’s Italy's best kept secret and its been hiding all along in plain sight! Home to some of the country’s most delightful, yet undervalued wines, ...

Wine of the Week – Chateau Belingard Rouge 2015 - $9

Love Bordeaux wine but not the price? Let me be among the first to introduce you to the wines of Southwest France, deemed the Wine Region of the Year by Wine Enthusiast.

May wine and beer tasting in Plainfield

Plan a date night out with the Plainfield Park District's Wine and Beer tasting event on May 12, at 25151 119th Street in Plainfield (Corner of 119th Street and Normantown Rd.)

Wine of the Week: Miner Napa Valley Chardonnay Napa Valley 2016 - $32

Spring is finally here. It's time to welcome a wine that ushers in the season with style. Miner Napa Valley Chardonnay 2016 ($32) is a perfect example of everything you'd expect in a Napa Valley Chardonnay and more.

Bright fruit and balanced acidity make it perfect for spring

Bursting with the flavors of spring; sweet cherries and luscious ripe strawberries, Anna de Codorniu Brut Rose ($12.95) is the perfect Spanish Cava to welcome spring. With its composition of mostly Pinto Noir (70%), with the rest Chardonnay (30%), the ...

Wine of the Week: Harper Voit Willamette Valley Pinot Noir – Strandline - $36

Oregon's Willamette Valley, at 150 miles, is the longest valley in the Pacific Northwest region, and that state's largest wine producing region. Its rich alluvial soils, caused by Ice Age flooding, produce some of the most luscious grapes imaginable. Chief ...

Spring in NYC-Hotel Elysee/Il Gattopardo Restaurant

Spring is finally here! Its a terrific time to take a spontaneous weekend trip to the Big Apple to stroll its brownstone lined streets, enjoy a cup of cappuccino at a sidewalk cafe, spend a weekend at a lovely boutique ...

Wine of the Week: Volcanic Wines Heat Up The Wine World

Volcanic Wines are heating up around the globe!

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

Servings: 6 / Total Time: 1 hr 25 mins Ingredients • 8 medium potatoes, scrubbed and dried • 2 tbsp olive oil • 1 tbsp kosher or sea salt • 3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled • 2 cups ...

THREE CHEESE ASPARAGUS GRATIN

SERVINGS: 4 / TOTAL TIME: 25 MINS INGREDIENTS • 2 pounds thin asparagus, rinsed with ends cut off • 3 cups water • 2 tablespoons salted butter • 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella, divided • ...

Wine of the Week: Grgich Estate Posip - $23

One of Napa Valley's most famous winemakers, Mike Grgich, founder of Grgich Hills Estate and credited with creating the wine that won the Paris Competition in 1974, which put California wine on the map, has reached back to his cultural ...

Baked Ham with Honey Mustard and Apples

YIELD: 12+ / TOTAL TIME: 2 hrs • • 8-10 pound spiral-cut smoked ham • 3 granny smith apples • 1/4 cup whole grain mustard • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard • 1/4 cup honey • 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or ...

Wine of the Week: A Goldmine of Planet Bordeaux wines arrive

Bordeaux, France, the world capitol of fine wine, is one of the most progressive regions in the world in terms of its commitment to creating sustainable wines.

Previous